7 Effective Tips To Get Relief From ‘Gas Problem’ During Pregnancy
February 12, 2016
We all face gas problem in our routine life; as a matter of proven fact, humans pass gas at least 14 times a day!
The tendency of having gas problem increases when you are pregnant. You might often find yourself with the uneasy bloating, belching, burping along with miserable sensations in your stomach. Apart from being uncomfortable, it is embarrassing also.
Is Gas Problem During Pregnancy Normal?
On the whole gastric problem during pregnancyВ is considered as normal and there is no need to worry for the same.
- If you have intense pain or cramping in your abdomen, you need immediate medical intervention.
- Also, if you get severe diarrhea or notice blood in your stool, you should not delay in consulting doctor.
However, in all other cases, it is considered as a natural part of your pregnancy.
Causes Of Gas Problem During Pregnancy:
Even though it is termed as common, it is essential to understand why you face such a problem. Following are the reasons which causes excess gas in the body during pregnancy
- During pregnancy a lot of hormonal changes take place in your body and one of the hormones, the progesterone, increases considerably.
- This hormone eases your muscle tissues in the gastronomical tract, thereby slowing down your digestion and increasing gas.
- Furthermore, when your baby grows and her weight presses the digestive tract, it also slows things in your digestive system.
- In the later stages of pregnancy as your uterus grows it narrows the abdominal area and thus pushes your stomach making you feel gassy all the time.
How To Get Relief From Gas During Pregnancy?
You may not be able to escape from this mayhem of gas problem fully but a few simple steps mentioned below can make your life much better.
1. Break Your Meals:
If you were taking 2 heavy meals during a day then now break it into small portions more than twice in a day.
- Eat less food with fewer intervals.
- Rather than eating 3 big meals, have 5 or 6 smaller meals spread throughout the day, so as to maintain your digestion system.
2. Chew Your Food, DonвЂ™t Gulp:
How you eat your food also matters, so chew it well which puts less pressure on your digestive system.
- Avoid talking while having food, so that you absorb less air.
- And remember not drink water during your meals.
- Drink a glass ten minutes before and after having your meal.
3. Maintain A Food Journal:
There might be some foods which might create more gas problems than others.
- So note down whatever you are eating and check after 6 hours of eating whether you are feeling gassy.
- Those foods which you find are troublesome should be avoided.
4. Problematic Foods:
Some foods by nature are the ones which creates gas problem. So when you consume them, be cautious.
- These foods are beans, cabbage, cauliflower, milk and other dairy products, broccoli, apple, etc.
- It is always better to check your tolerance level with these foods and decide for yourself.
5. Walk It Out:
It is necessary that you do not maintain a sedentary lifestyle when you are pregnant. You should make sure that you always walk or do some exercises to help your body digest faster and avoid the windy gas.
6. Yoga Can Be Helpful Too:
This ancient science offers various poses or exercises to improve digestion in the body.
But remember to tell your instructor about your pregnancy before you try the exercises.
7. Medicines And Drugs:
After several attempts when you are unable to deal with the problem, consult your doctor or health practitioner for possible remedies.
You can ask them for any suitable medicine that you can take to overcome the problem. In fact, this should only be the last resort.
Thus, pregnancy brings lot of changes in your body and you should be prepared to deal with it in a constructive way. We hope you might now go easy when you face gas problem and try the aforementioned tactics.
Do share more such tips to deal with gastric problem in pregnancy, if you are aware of in the comment box below with other readers:
Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy
Pregnancy weakens the ligaments that keep the pelvic bones together. If those weakened ligaments become overloaded or injured, it results in pelvic instability pain around the joints that can be brief or last for years after the birth. In 1996, Cecile Rst, who suffered from this condition herself, devised a treatment program that is simple, home based, and proven to work. Her book, with over 100 illustrations and detailed testimonials, is divided into two parts. The first part shows simple exercises for symmetry and stabilization, and the proper way to lie, sit, and get out of a car in order to prevent pelvic instability during pregnancy. Patients can practice these exercises and positions with or without a care providers help. Part two, aimed at care providers, shows the results of a survey carried out among 200 women suffering from pelvic complaints. Here the author also presents a theoretical treatise of pelvic pain, the protocol of the first consult, and the contents of the therapy, including a sports program.
Здравствуй, дорогой незнакомец. Книга “Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy” Rost Cecile (EN) не оставит тебя равнодушным, не вызовет желания заглянуть в эпилог. Написано настолько увлекательно и живо, что все картины и протагонисты запоминаются на долго и даже спустя довольно долгое время, моментально вспоминаются. Долго приходится ломать голову над главной загадкой, но при помощи подсказок, получается самостоятельно ее разгадать. Просматривается актуальная во все времена идея превосходства добра над злом, света над тьмой с очевидной победой первого и поражением второго. Основное внимание уделено сложности во взаимоотношениях, но легкая ирония, сглаживает острые углы и снимает напряженность с читателя. Автор искусно наполняет текст деталями, используя в том числе описание быта, но благодаря отсутствию тяжеловесных описаний произведение читается на одном выдохе. Портрет главного героя подобран очень удачно, с первых строк проникаешься к нему симпатией, сопереживаешь ему, радуешься его успехам, огорчаешься неудачами. Благодаря живому и динамичному языку повествования все зрительные образы у читателя наполняются всей гаммой красок и звуков. С невероятным волнением воспринимается написанное! – Каждый шаг, каждый нюанс подсказан, но при этом удивляет. Динамичный и живой язык повествования с невероятной скоростью приводит финалу и удивляет непредсказуемой развязкой. Значительное внимание уделяется месту происходящих событий, что придает красочности и реалистичности происходящего. “Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy” Rost Cecile (EN) читать бесплатно онлайн невозможно без переживания чувства любви, признательности и благодарности.
Добавить отзыв о книге "Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy"
How to Relieve Gastritis Symptoms During Pregnancy
Gastritis is a medical term used when there is inflammation in the lining of stomach wall. This can lead to many digestive problems. Gastritis and pregnancy are related closely. Often a pregnant woman experiences gastritis symptoms as a result of several causes. One of the causes is stress which a woman commonly undergoes during pregnancy period.
Gastritis and Pregnancy Symptoms
Gastritis during pregnancy is not permanent problem; it can be reversed with right treatment.
Here are some prominent symptoms of gastritis which a woman experiences during pregnancy.
- Weak digestion.
- Bloating and belching
- Burning sensation below the breast bone.
- Occasional pain in the stomach region.
- Loss of appetite.
- Excessive flow of saliva from the mouth.
- Bitter taste in the mouth.
- Foul smell in the mouth.
- Generalized weakness.
How to Relieve Gas During Pregnancy
Every person passes some amount of gas; however many woman pass more gas during pregnancy. This is due to high level of progesterone in pregnancy. Progesterone relaxes smooth muscles of the digestive tract which leads to accumulation of gas and consequent burping, bloating and flatulence. The growing uterus puts more pressure on the organs of the abdominal cavity and pushes the stomach, leading to further slowdown of digestion.
- Constipation is the common cause for gas and bloating. Eat enough fiber diet so that the bowel movements are regular. However keep a limit for fiber as more fibers can also lead to passage of gas.
- Do not overload your digestive system with large meals. During pregnancy, the stomach muscles are relaxed and digestion is slow. Therefore eat smaller meals frequently.
- Eat slowly; do not hurry while eating food as you are bound to swallow air with the bolus. This will lead to more gas in the stomach.
- Avoid or eat less gas producing food such as cabbage, fried food, carbonated beverages, and beans etc.
How to Relieve Sciatica Pain During Pregnancy
Pregnancy-related sciatica may cause discomfort in the middle of your buttocks and down 1 leg. Fortunately, there are many ways to ease the pain. Relieve pressure on your sciatic nerve with small changes like wearing a pregnancy support belt and low-heeled shoes. You can apply heat to painful areas or seek a variety of treatments to deal with the discomfort.
Method One of Three:
Relieving Pressure on the Sciatic Nerve Edit